Tuesday, May 13, 2014

14 Weeks



Baby Spradlin

Is this your first pregnancy? Yes!
When did you find out you were pregnant? March 5th-ish
Was it planned? Yes, but it happened a lot faster then we expected!
What was your first reaction? I was in shock. I had taken 3 pregnancy tests, all negative! finally I went into the doctor and they did a blood test to confirm. I had a feeling  I was pregnant but I didn't want to get excited because of all the negative tests the past couple weeks.
Who was with you when you found out? I was at work when I got the phone call from the lab.
Who was the first person you told? Nate. I had to wait about 5 hours because I wanted to tell him in person... it was torture!
How did your parents react? They were excited! we told them over Easter.
How far along are you? 14 weeks
What was your first symptom? I was really emotional and tired

 What is your due date? November 10th 2014
Do you know the sex of the baby? nope, we will find out at the beginning of June (elective ultrasound) when I visit Nate, and then confirm with our doctor a couple weeks later
Have you picked out names? we have some picked out but we wont decide until we find out what we are having
How much weight have you gained? -16 LBS so far, this is a combination of morning sickness and eating better. Hoping this loss in the beginning will help me later in the pregnancy.
Food aversions/cravings? aversions-chicken/most meat   Cravings-not too much, smoothies and fresh fruit/veggies
Do you have stretch marks? Nope
Have you felt the baby move? no, well once of twice I think I might have... but I think its too early
Have you heard the heartbeat? nope, not yet. we have only had ultrasounds so far


About the Baby
Home or hospital birth? Hospital
Natural or medicated birth? planning on medicated. don't know if I am tough enough for all natural ;)
Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just Nate
Will you breastfeed? That's the plan
Do you think you’ll need a c-section? hoping no
Would you let someone videotape the birth? No. no.
Are you excited or scared about the birth? I am nervous. especially that its so early, I really don't feel or look pregnant at all yet, I think it will sink in soon and I will think more about the birth

No comments:

Post a Comment